Series & Triple Crown: More Races. More Awards.
"As a new runner, I didn't realize how much I would grow in the sport by signing up for the series. Naturally, as I participated in each race I began to improve in my time, my control and learn what my body's needs to refuel are. I have learned so much about myself by simply signing up for the series of half marathons. I look forward to my third series this fall!"
PLEASE NOTE: Registration for the following Challenges are provided for your convenience. However, you can sign up for races in the Challenges individually as long as you use the EXACT same name on each registration – our scoring program reads Jennie Smith and Jennifer Smith as two different athletes.
The Florida Road Races Starfish Series
- Participate in 3 races in the series season to be eligible for awards
- Run as many races as you can. We will score all of your races.
- Awards will be presented to the top 3 male and female overall and age groups
- End of season celebration for all series qualifiers
The scoring is simple. The age groups for the Starfish Race Series are 0-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+ You will earn age group points in these age groups for each race you participate. The points are as follows:
|Number of Points
You must run a minimum of three (3) races to qualify for the series and be eligible for awards. You can win your age group by participating in 3 Starfish Race Series events. We will score all of your races in the series. The more you run, the better chance you have to win!
- Run 2 races… sorry out of luck. Can’t win an award
- Run 3 races… you can win an award. We will score all three races
- Run 4 races… you can win an award. We will score all four races
- Run 5 races… you can win an award. We will score all five races & YOU GET A SPECIAL GIFT!
Age-Up Rule. Your age group is defined for ALL races in the Starfish Race Series based on your age as of the date of the Florida Shamrock Halfathon. That means that the age group you will be competing in is your age as of the date of the Florida Shamrock Halfathon. Remember this when you look at race results from the Starfish race Series races. Someone may be in the 30-34 age group at a specific race, but for Starfish race Series they may be in the 35-39 age group (thus taking away your valuable points… darn that rule!)
Tie-Breaker. In the case of a tie, the highest average place finish per event will be used to break the deadlock. If two runners have the same number of points and the same average place finish, a head-to-head tiebreaker will be used to declare the winner (whoever won the most head-to-head races). If each runner is still tied, the runner who has finished the most races will win. If each runner ran the same number of races, then the LAST race in the year. BOTH runners who participated will be used to decide the head-to-head tiebreaker. For example, if both runners participate in The Holiday Halfathon, the runner winning the head-to-head competition will be declared the winner. If two runners are tied and do not compete head-to-head against each other, then the runner who finished the latest race in the calendar will be the winner.
The Fort De Soto Triple Crown.
Join us for the 6th Annual Triple Crown by completing any combination of races at beautiful Fort De Soto Park (5K, 10K, 15K, Halfathon) during our 2022-23 season. In addition to earning three finisher's medals, you'll also receive our beautiful Triple Crown medal when you cross the Shamrock Distance Classic finish line - our last race of the season.
- The Ft. De Soto 15K, 10K, and 5K courses showcase the natural beauty of this Florida barrier island. Named the nation’s #1 Beach in 2005, you’ll run on flat, paved recreational trails (no sand!) with vast views of the tranquil Gulf. See course maps.
- The Halloween Distance Classic courses at Ft. De Soto are fast and flat. Made up of recreational trails and access roads in this beautiful state park, you’ll enjoy seeing the sunrise over the Sunshine Skyway. Great for setting PRs. See course maps.
- The Holiday Distance Classic course starts in Madeira Beach and ends at Taylor Park. You’ll run through exclusive residential and commercial areas in our beach communities, along smoothly paved Pinellas Trail, and through shaded public parks. The Park Blvd. bridge adds some hill-work to your run or walk. Busses will bring you back from the finish line to the start line. See course maps.
- The St. Petersburg Distance Classic courses are a scenic tour through St. Pete, from the sparkling waterfront to beautiful historic neighborhoods, the trendy downtown, and the shaded Pinellas Trail – a rails-to-trails linear park. Course map coming soon. See course maps.
- The Shamrock Halfathon course is the same as the Halloween Halfathon course. Measure your progress from your first halfathon to your last – perhaps you’ll set some PRs! See course maps.
We’re located in the beautiful Tampa Bay area, staging races in St. Petersburg, Fort DeSoto Park, and Madeira Beach to Largo.
– R.B., Lakeland
Our 2022-23 Season
Downtown St. Pete
Join us at our 2022-23 events
Florida Halloween Distance Classic
Halfathon, 10K & 5K
Oct. 30, 2022
Fort De Soto Park
Florida Holiday Distance Classic
Halfathon & 10K
Dec. 11, 2022
Madeira Beach to Largo
Marathon, Halfathon, 10K, 5K
Feb. 12, 2023
Downtown St. Pete
Florida Shamrock Distance Classic
Halfathon, 10K, 5K
March 4, 2023
Fort De Soto Park